Welcome to my blog ...

Redwood City, CA, United States
I've ridden approximately 60,000 travel miles since 1985, including seven trips across the country, four of them self-contained.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Summer 2008 Itinerary

I'll fly from New York to San Francisco on Friday, July 25.

Part 1: The first leg of my trip is a 10-day supported ride down the California Coast from San Francisco to the Mexico border with a group of eight or so people, most of whom are friends from the Big Ride Across America in 2006. The trip has been designed and organized by Steve Rubenstein, a columnist for the San Francisco Chronicle, and will include overnight stops in Santa Cruz, Big Sur, Cambria, Pismo Beach, Lompoc, Carpenteria, Los Angeles, San Clemente, and Coronado, ending August 5.

Part 2: After a lift back to San Francisco, I'll ride for 4+ weeks solo, self-contained through Northern California, Oregon, Washington, and perhaps British Columbia before arriving in Seattle approximately September 8. The route will be very flexible, as I have more time than I need to reach Seattle, but I'll avoid the coast (see part 3) and focus on riding in the Cascades and the high desert east of the mountains.

Part 3: After a few days off in Seattle, I'll be participating in the American Lung Association's Big Ride Pacific Coast, which runs for 2 weeks, September 13-27, from Seattle to San Francisco. The ride is supported and will include up to 40 participants, each of whom will have raised at least $2500 for the charity.

I'll fly home from San Francisco on Sunday, September 28.

No comments:

Post a Comment